IZOD INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
First start: April 6, 2008 (St. Petersburg)
First victory: April 6, 2008 (St. Petersburg)
First pole: April 5, 2009 (St. Petersburg)
• Finished ninth in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for Service Central Chip Ganassi Racing.
• Recorded six top-10 finishes, with a best of second at Sao Paulo.
• Led six laps at Indianapolis en route to second consecutive top-three finish.
• Started second, third and second in final three races.
• Recorded seven top-10 finishes in 12 races with four different teams. Had high finish of fifth at Toronto.
• Best start of sixth at Chicagoland.
• Led one race for 11 laps.
• Finished seventh in IndyCar Series standings for Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing.
• Recorded five top-five and nine top-10 finishes, with a best of third (Richmond, Twin Ring Motegi).
• Became youngest pole winner in IndyCar Series history at St. Petersburg. Also won pole at Kansas.
• Posted first consecutive top-five finishes at Chicagoland and Twin Ring Motegi.
• Finished 17th in IndyCar Series standings for Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing.
• Won in his series debut on the streets of St. Petersburg, becoming the youngest winner in series history.
ROAD TO IZOD INDYCAR SERIES
• Finished fifth in Champ Car World Series standings for Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing with a best finish of second at Houston.
• Raced for Rahal Letterman Racing in the 12 Hours of Sebring, finishing sixth in GT2 class.
• Competed for Southard Motorsports in the Rolex 24 Hour at Daytona in Daytona Prototypes.
• Made Indy Pro Series debut with Kenn Hardley Racing at Liberty Challenge at Indianapolis, winning the pole and finishing second.
• Finished second in Champ Car Atlantic standings for Conquest Racing with five victories (Monterrey, Cleveland 1, Cleveland 2, Denver and Montreal).
• Led series in poles, laps led, fastest race laps and earnings.
• Competed in final three rounds of A1 Grand Prix with A1 Team Lebanon.
• Finished sixth in the GT class for Tafel Racing at Rolex 24 at Daytona.
• Finished sixth in the GT2 class Alex Job Racing Porsche at 12 Hours of Sebring.
• Finished fourth in Star Mazda standings for Andersen Walko Racing with a win at Portland, the youngest driver to win a Star Mazda race.
• Became the youngest SCCA national champion when he was won the Formula Atlantic national championship.
• Finished seventh in Formula BMW standings with best finish of third at Denver1.
• Recorded four top-five results and 11 top-10.
• Competed in Stars of Karting events, finishing fourth in the ICC national points in the Stars of Karting series.
• Captured his first national championship race with the ICC main event win at Road America in June 2003.
• Also raced 80cc and 100cc shifter classes in the World Karting Association.