IZOD INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
First start: May 26, 2002 (Indianapolis Motor Speedway)
First victory: March 23, 2003 (Phoenix International Raceway)
First pole: March 2, 2003 (Homestead-Miami Speedway)
• Finished fifth in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for KV Racing Technology.
• Recorded nine top-10 finishes, with a best of second at Iowa. Finished third in debut with team.
• Advanced 18 positions to finish sixth at Barber and equaled the gain with fourth place at Indianapolis.
• Finished sixth in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Autosport.
• Won at Iowa, advancing 14 positions and leading 62 laps.
• Recorded seven top-five and 13 top-10 finishes.
• Front-row start at St. Petersburg was first since winning pole at Richmond in 2008.
• Started last at Indianapolis, ran as high as second and finished 11th.
• Completed 2,413 of 2,414 laps.
• Finished sixth in IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Green Racing.
• Recorded five top-five and 10 top-10 finishes, with a best of third three times.
• Only driver with top-five finishes in each of first three races.
• Milwaukee was first time in 103 IndyCar Series starts he had back-to-back DNFs.
• Finished third in IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Green Racing.
• Won at Richmond from the pole, and had 11 top-five finishes overall. Closed the season with three consecutive top fives, including podiums at Infineon and Belle Isle.
• Finished third in IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Green Racing with series-best five victories.
• Won at Motegi, Milwaukee, Michigan, Kentucky and Belle Isle.
• Recorded 12 top-five finishes and 13 top-10 finishes.
• Led 83 laps at Indianapolis, becoming first driver to lead laps in his first six "500" starts.
• Finished sixth in IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Green Racing with two victories.
• Won at The Milwaukee Mile and recorded eight other top-10 finishes.
• Started in the top 10 in 12 of the 14 races.
• Finished second in IndyCar Series standings with two victories (Kansas, Infineon) and 12 other top-10 finishes.
• Started from the pole and finished eighth in the 89th Indianapolis 500.
• Won the IndyCar Series championship for Andretti Green Racing at California Speedway. Raced to a second-place finish after starting 21st. Lost to Adrian Fernandez by 0.0183 of a second.
• Finished eighth in season opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway before recording 15 consecutive top-five finishes, including three wins and six second-place finishes.
• Won at Phoenix, leading 191 of 200 laps. Also won at Texas1 and Nashville.
• Earned MBNA Pole Awards at Michigan and Pikes Peak.
• Completed 3,305 laps, the first IndyCar Series driver to complete every possible lap in a season.
• Led 889 laps to establish IndyCar Series record. Led laps in 13 races, including the final 10.
• Finished fourth in IndyCar Series standings for Andretti Green Racing in first full IndyCar Series season.
• Scored first career series win at Phoenix.
• Won MBNA Pole Awards at Homestead, Phoenix and Pikes Peak.
• Tied for series lead in top-five (9) and top-10 (12) finishes.
• Led 12 of 16 races, second to series champion Scott Dixon.
• Made IndyCar Series debut at Indianapolis 500, starting fifth and leading 23 laps before an accident on Lap 89 ended his race. Finished 28th.
ROAD TO THE IZOD INDYCAR SERIES
• Finished 12th in CART standings for Mo Nunn Racing. Best finish was third at Vancouver and Montreal.
• Finished ninth in CART standings for Mo Nunn Racing. Best finish was third at Japan.
• Finished 19th in partial CART season for Mo Nunn Racing. Best finish was eighth at Nazareth, Road America and Australia.
• Missed four events after sustaining a fractured left forearm in qualifying accident in Detroit.
• Competed for Forsythe Racing and finished 11th in CART standings, scoring first win at Michigan.
• Named CART Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year driving for Tasman Motorsports Group. Finished ninth in CART point standings.
• Highest finish was third at Laguna Seca and Houston.
• Won Dayton Indy Lights championship driving for Tasman Motorsports Group.
• Scored two victories and seven top-three finishes.
• Finished second in Indy Lights, scoring two victories and five top-three finishes for Tasman Motorsports Group.
• Scored one victory and nine podium finishes en route to fifth place in Italian Formula 3 Championship
• Won the Italian Formula Alfa-Boxer Championship, scoring five wins.
• Drove a limited schedule in Formula Opel Euroseries Championship, finishing 10th in points.
• Finished fifth in the Brazilian Formula Chevrolet Championship.
• Competed in Brazilian Formula Ford Championship, finishing sixth.
• Competed in karts, winning the Sao Paulo city Junior Karting Championship three times (1986-88), the Brazilian Junior Karting Championship (1988), the Sao Paulo City B Category Karting Championship (1989) and the Sao Paulo City Graduated A Category Karting Championship (1990).